News

Accidents

Gas leak with explosion: a house partly collapsed

11:15 / 09.06.2019

On June 9, at 07:27 an emergency call was received to “911” service that a gas leak with explosion had occurred from the liquid gas cylinder (20 kg) in one of the houses of Akunq village of Kotayk province. As a result the house partly collapsed: there was a risk of collapse.

The rescue squad of the center of carrying out activities of special importance and the operative group of the regional rescue department of the rescue service of MES of the RA dispatched to scene.

It turned out that a gas leak and explosion had occurred from the liquid gas cylinder in one of the houses of the 10th street of the village, as a result the constructions (about 100 m2) had been deformed and the walls of the room had been collapsed and deformed.

Before the rescuers arrived at the scene the resident of the house (M.Gh. born in 2006) had been hospitalized to the medical center of Abovyan town. According to doctors’ conclusion the casualty was in satisfactory condition.

The rescuers blocked off the scene and took the property (material values and documents) out of the house.

← Back to the list